The acoustical environment in educational spaces is crucial for learning. Studies have shown a 25-30% decrease in listening comprehension in classrooms due to poor acoustics. Educators recognize the need to improve classroom acoustics in existing facilities and design new classrooms to meet higher standards.
A common reason for poor classroom acoustics is the high background noise level. Noise is induced from heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems (HVAC), road traffic and other outside sources. Excess room reverberation (prolonged duration of sound), all can also induce high levels of noise inside a classroom. These have a destructive impact on understanding what is being said.
We work together with architects and technical services to provide acoustics consulting. We introduce classroom acoustics standards and recommendations. We specify acoustic materials for achieving an optimum acoustic learning environment.
We provide the following services
- Design for classroom acoustics based on industry standards
- Acoustical design for Multipurpose spaces (sports/art performance/public gathering)
- Music room acoustical design
- Consultation on acoustical material selection and specification
- Sound Insulation
- Noise control (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, outdoor, environmental)
- Sound system design